V8 Stock Car Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]V8 Stock Cars in 2012[/b]

4 posters

Go down

[b]V8 Stock Cars in 2012[/b] Empty [b]V8 Stock Cars in 2012[/b]

Post  Harris Racing #32 Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:27 am

Hi All,

V8 Stock Cars 2012

With no grey clouds over the formula for 2012 and onwards, I wish to throw out a couple of questions to the past, current and future drivers along with fans and potential new recruits!!

What would you do to improve car numbers? (strengthen the formula)
How would you do it?
What do you think has been missing in the past?

Some possible examples ~ Lack of youth, No regular car builders, Cost etc....

Please be open and honest in your replies, but not meant to be for assassination as all formulas have struggled in years gone by... The formula is now making an upwards move for the future!

I will try to answer any ideas that have previously been tried and tested or failed! Also if an idea is not achievable.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and awesome New Year to come!!! santa

Regards, Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32
Harris Racing #32

Back to top Go down

[b]V8 Stock Cars in 2012[/b] Empty Re: [b]V8 Stock Cars in 2012[/b]

Post  bobdernob2 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:20 am

Hi Daryl,

British open meet at Northampton ,invite to Spedeworth & Hotstox, i know it will get shot down but it would get us seen again in the midlands, i know we are alot quicker now but it is stockcar racing. Just a thought & Happy new year to everyone.

Rob2

bobdernob2

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazza Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:45 am

Hi all I think the formula has got through the bad patch for now and is growing,but for further growth we need to look within first, get those cars out on track even if it is out paced surley one slow car is better than one less car out there.Get people selling cars to use the forum to sell them, after all it all adds strength to the formula if you can see whats available to buy and race.How about looking a leasing cars for the season to people to see if the formula is for them,I know you have the hire cars but do the public e.t.c ,how about raffleing off a go in the hire car at venues you visit,it means you get another meeting at that venue subject to Spedeworth, word gets around got to be good for the formula and maybe donate proceeds to a chosen charity for the year , or put it towards a young driver of the year schollarship award chosen by the formula as a group vote to get new blood into the formula and provide a car for the season for the winner,there must be old cars around not doing anything anymore.I know this means outlay in some form but if you dont push forward you only go backarwds and get left behined.What about providing a plan of dimensions for a car to build I know people allready build cars for a living in the formula but those who can build will build those who cant wont, it may just bring a few maore people into the sport who enjoy building their own cars as much as they do racing ,just basic chassis dimensions length, width,bracing layout etc.The formula is strong it just needs to be fed to maintain its strength and that is down to the drivers.

Bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 am

To make the cars a little cheaper, an easy way would be to do away with the fish fryers and go back to a roof fin or rear spoiler.
Also do away with the rear wheel guards (they were only introduced when racing with the hotstox which is unlikely to happen again due to the two formula having grown further apart in recent years). Not only would it make the cars a little cheaper (how much is a wing?) it would also give the V8s their own identity. Plus, the cars always looked better with roof fins anyway as they look a lot lower.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down