V8 Stock Car Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIME FOR THE VOTE NOW ALL DRIVERS

+2
greatdane35
Faggy 259
6 posters

Go down

TIME FOR THE VOTE  NOW ALL DRIVERS  Empty TIME FOR THE VOTE NOW ALL DRIVERS

Post  pikey pete Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:16 am

TIME TO VOTE FOR A DRIVER REP .OPEN TO ALL DRIVERS IN THE V8S
PETER SCOTT
DAYIL HARRIS
HAVE PUT THERE NAMES UP SO FAR .IF YOU FELL YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ON THE ROLE PUT YOUE NAME FORWARD .THEN BY THE NEXT MEETING WE WILL HAVE A DRIVER REP

DRIVERS HAVE SAID ABOUT ONE RULE ENGINE S .BE GOOD IDEA ALL 350 .BY 2017 .DRIVERS WITH 5LTR IN 2016 ONLY RACE FOR 1/2 POINTS
TYRES.
RULES
SHOCKS
UPDATES
CAN ALL GO TO THE DRIVERS REP AND PUT TO A VOTE ON YES OR NO .ITS UP TO DRIVERS NOW TO TAKE CHARGE AND PUSH FORWARD
THIS IS NOT BEING DONE TO UPSET ANYONET TIME TO MOVE FORWARD S HAS NOT CHANGE IN 6 YEAR OR SO

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

TIME FOR THE VOTE  NOW ALL DRIVERS  Empty Re: TIME FOR THE VOTE NOW ALL DRIVERS

Post  RobV831 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:24 am

Where has this engine rule started out again?

Half the present cars have a block that is 5l. You need to come up with a formal and proper plan and not discussed on a forum.
Starting next year is just a joke you will lose 6 cars before you've started.

Happy to go for a new rep...but the rep isn't changing the rules it's the promoter who does that with the drivers.

If you want to change the engines look at the btcc how they introduced the new regs. Was advised two years earlier, new spec brought in together with old spec cars then two year change over. Four year period including notice.

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:13 am

Peter don't waste your time trying to make a difference to the v8s and trying to get more people to get inspired to race there cars you're only been doing them for 5 minutes so can't have a say lets go with plan B and get car changed to hot stox and other one can join mine cut up and scraped.

Faggy 259

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am

I understand what your saying Andy it worth a shot . rob they are only idea's on engines from last nights drivers .a few said about it

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Peter, no one mentioned engines to me

Andy people can have their say, Daryl brought this idea up a few years ago.
People seem to be going from a-f without passing through b-e

How many drivers don't race due to the engines? I doubt it has any bearing at the moment.

Peter Scott runs a standard 350 why is it it takes a 283 with everything thrown at it to keep up but another car with a 350 is similar in pace?

Ideas are fine, I don't think the forum is the correct place

Anyone looking in just sees confusion, straw clutching etc.

There are some simple rules to change before a big one like replacing all small engines. If that happened next year you would lose 50% of Wednesday's turnout of cars. How is that going to improve numbers?

Does anyone actually know the specific reasons why drivers who have cars won't race?
Did anyone ever get a list of cars with owners and then attempt to find out how much they would sell them for? So there's a coherent list for anyone interested???

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Don't look that way rob but I don't care seems every time peter puts something on here it's another story don't want change and tuff luck was once answer whlie ago so waste time trying

Faggy 259

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Andy

It's the wrong way to do things on the forum

The driver rep idea is good. The single engine was brought up years ago never worked then.
We seem to go over the same ground.

There is no silver bullet.

I can understand you and Peter you've come in liked it, you for your own reasons decided to stop and Peter has continued and had ideas. That's good, he's raced lots of things.
But it needs to be done in a different way.
From the outside it just looks like a lot of confusion.

Ideas are good, I suspect the engine idea was in fact from someone else if I'm honest. As Peter never mentioned it on Wednesday night only the driver rep after he'd spoken to Dean after the meeting.

You also only get a few replies on the issue there's a lot of opinions which aren't placed on the forum or those who don't read it.

On the engine issue, were still waiting on details or terry is on the location of all these chea jag engines too? Terry would like one.

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:14 pm

I think we should start with the new Drivers Rep vote.

After we have this sorted this, then lets worry about what people would like to discuss to change.

It would seem that some people get very emotive when change is mentioned, But lets face it this formula has its problems, It's had them all the time i have been racing in it. Yet No changes have been made to try to turn the formula round.

I don't want anyone to leave the formula but by changing nothing, Nothing changes.
moss8one5
moss8one5

http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Spot on Brad as always.

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi robert and terry,did you not read the reply i put up about the jag engines? they are the aj6/aj16 engines,2.9/3.2/3.6/4.0ltr,all alloy double over head cam,comes as manual also,out of xj40/xj300 cars,which are available to buy for next to nothing as road cars,hence banger drivers using them in droves,it certainly is a good engine and is retro fitted to many older jags now as a far better engine,is easy to retro fit with older jag electrics,made different manifolds to take su/weber/pierburg carbs,so have done it and have a stockpile of engines and manual boxes,but i dont think thats the issue here is it?
I think the issue is the formula obviously is in trouble,and i dont know why?obviously im just a 5min person also and really after reading all this on here dont know if i will bother with it any more,theres about 15/20 drivers and they are all pretty good friends and get on well.off and on track,but why can nothing get sorted out,it certainly will put off newbee drivers for sure,which i dont understand,as your all helpful,give advice,no agro,but why does the formula flounder?ive got my idea why,but its not my place as a 5min person to put in a idea/ideas,and im not having a go at anyone with those 5 min comments john,as i know your most prob very frustrated with it all as well if not more after all the time and effort you have put in for 20yrs and for that i salute you.
sometimes the solution for problems does come from the outside,hence why personal relationships fail after long periods,they become stale and dated,hence they go for outside help/advice,or seek new partners,it is an old formula,but i think the best,after bangers,but even bangers need constant revamps to keep it from going stale,i know ours the v8s cant be changed constantly,due to investment,spares,cars.money,and i dont think the engines are the biggest problem as most of it is down to the drivers skill set,just because you have the best dont mean you will win if the car cant be driven well,if any thing i still say its the tyre cost is one of the biggest probs,but thats just my input,and is that what it would be about,individual drivers being able to say whats on their mind,or would they just be ignored?told to shut up and mind their own buissness?or be allowed to be activly involved,other drivers are voicing their concerns on engines,i dont know who or have never even heard these comments,and to be honest it dont concern me to much as it dont affect me too much,and it keeps the cars on track,and would upset a lot of the drivers who use the other engines,i only offered the jag engine as a far far cheaper alternative,as i have used these for racing,but it seems i have been mocked in some ways for trying to help with an idea,so perhaps there is one reason why the formula is going down,i tried to offer some input to help costs,but feel kicked in the nuts,as do a few others it seems,i just mentioned i felt tyres were to expensive,could the cost not be reduced?i never said the tyres were shit,but dont last to well and if you need to win,need good tyres,at £80 a pop,just an observation,what about punctures too? and mr reynolds offered some possible interest as a possible driver,and also a very experienced one at that and a poss idea,hence the jag engine idea,but seemed to be shot down too,i really hope the formula dont die,i dont have a agender with anyone or whatever,but the wakeup call is coming and coming quick,as to my car,it can just sit there now untill it sorts its self out with the formula,if not it gets cut up and engine/box put in a road car.no one wants to buy anything to do with v8s now,unless the people in it can sort it out between them selves it has no hope at all,because no one else will for sure,i expect to be slagged off for this post ive put up,but if you all read it as i hope its come accross,i am not having a go at anyone at all,its just the formula is suffering like the dinosaurs did,unless they evlove they die off,i dont think the formula needs drastic tweaks,but it does need tweaks and not expensive ones,please take what i have put here as poss constructive comments,not destructive ones,i know there are far more experienced drivers in the formula out there,but like the faggerter brothers i have been involved with oval racing for over 20yrs too,in ministox,bangers,stockcars,driving ,building,and just helping out,and as a spectator,so think i do have reason to feel my small but poss useless input might be of some use,i go for my hand operation on weds to find out my long term future for grip and strengh inmy hand,so im wiping out this year for sure,but if the formula cant sort itself out,its been a pleasure to know you all,and i mean that,but please sort it out certainly not for me,but for yourselves and the fans,

greatdane35

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Terry doesn't read the forum hasn't a computer! Daryl passes the stuff over when he sees him.

The formula isn't going to die.
Spedeworth need the formula and there is nothing like it in their roster.
Cars are needed but this is being looked into already so if there are people interested get them to hire a car or speak to Daryl about where to buy one.

Opinions are fine in the correct channels and open forum isn't the place.
The engines aren't being changed and engine rules altered, any changes will be advised via Spedeworth and in the rule book as always.

give terry a ring as to where these cheap jag engines are as he would like one I think.

Anyone who is looking for a car or interested call Daryl or Spedeworth. There are hire cars around.

The first thing the formula is about to do is sort out a new driver rep. Which will be sorted by aldershot on August 16th.

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:35 am

TIME FOR THE VOTE  NOW ALL DRIVERS  11255511

just trying to lighten the mood. Come on everyone its a hobbies. Obviously they're are a couple people who are willing to try to move the formula forward , develop it and help it grow. Instead of letting it stagnate and do nothing like it has for the past 15 years, Blinkered .

If you want to be a drivers rep please let everyone know. Personally i do not want to be one, I will help in every way i can, But you wouldn't get me ringing around talking to everyone on telephone like Darryl does.

If i can do anything, OR stop doing anything let me know.
Best regards

Brad
moss8one5
moss8one5

http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:34 am

Hi , I havnt had the feeling that anyone was being shot down in flames , I personally feel that if you want to run a rover or jag engine then no problem if you want , we used to do it and im sure its legal?
We had a good talk at Eastbourne and good comments by Peter and others and a laugh too but there wasn't enough of us there to make firm decisions , but I think some things are happening , as we speak , the forum nearly died a few months ago but its alive and well now , a lot of it down to peter (371) so please don't think all your ideas are being thrown back at you because as you say its good to talk and air your views and not get upset if some disagree , the v8s are not being dropped but we do shoot ourselves in the foot now and again , but if we all turned up together we would have 15 cars with a few more to come so its not all gloom, but we do need to evolve and grow stronger , perhaps as mentioned a meet central for most drivers could be arranged , not to change every rule now but discuss a way forward and an introduction of proposed and properly voted change over a period.
Sometimes it feels we don't know how great this formula is and what we can and surely will achieve in the future .
We got some good feedback at Eastboune about how good the v8s were and that was with 9 cars! what will it be like when we get 20+ round there and other tracks , I feel its not wishful thinking and will happen soon if we keep the faith.
Keep talking.
Rob2

bobdernob2

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:57 am

STILL ONLY 2 DRIVERS GOING FOR THE NEW DRIVERS REP ANY V8 DRIVER CAN APPLY TO BE A DRIVERS REP .
VOTE WILL BE DONE AT NEXT MEETING AT ALDERSHOT
ONLY V8 DRIVERS CAN VOTE FOR NEW REP .THEN NAME WILL BE GIVEN TO SPEDEWORTH .TO DISSCUSS MATERS IN THE V8S .

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:23 am

Pete aren't you putting your name forward?

In the name of whatever it's called I'll put my name down too.

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am

we now have 2 drivers going for it
peter scott
Robert harris

who going to make things happen in the v8s its now up to drivers to put the best one forward  only 3 long week to go

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down