V8 Stock Car Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 MAY NEXT MEETING

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

10 MAY NEXT MEETING  - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 MAY NEXT MEETING

Post  RobV831 Thu May 14, 2015 12:59 am

Get the video, I DID CROSS THE LINE!

RobV831

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 1:05 am

pikey pete wrote:What a load of  Mad  no wonder drivers don't want to race  make the places up as they go olong should have been dnf  and as for me doing 15laps in heat 2thats  Mad as well  if you don't cross the flags you ant finshed the race end of

Peter, If you have a grievance with the places for the result please contact Spedeworth.

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete Thu May 14, 2015 2:16 am

It wrong Mate terry crossed the line a winner and was sq for race damage 2cara sat on the bend and did not finish the race and got places given it not that it bothers me it just not fair if I have upset anyone with my comments Bliud a bridge and cross it

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Hello Pete

Just for clarification, Spedeworth have not made the rules up as they go along. 86 was docked two places in heat two because in the steward of the meeting felt that he had broken the rule below.

DISQUALIFICATION and PENALTIES
Drivers will be penalised (and may be disqualified) for unnecessarily cutting across the infield or for gaining advantage
by leaving the track to pass an opponent. A penalty will be imposed for:-
a) Unnecessarily cutting across the infield.
b) Gaining advantage by leaving the track to pass an opponent. This will include the illegal use of kerbs.
c) Breaking the rolling lap to gain advantage either by gaining places or by deliberately holding up the start.
d) Leading a Start or Re-Start at too fast a speed.
A driver suffering a flat tyre may receive a technical disqualification (see above) be black flagged at the discretion
of the Steward of the Meeting, having due regard to the number of laps still to run.
If a driver is penalised for more than one incident during a race or a meeting, the Steward of the Meeting may, at their
discretion, disqualify the driver from the rest of the meeting and/or report the driver to the Board of Control or Formula
Organiser.

This rule can be in the Spedeworth rules of racing.

As for Terry Harris being disqualified , This rule can be found in the V8 stockcar rule book issued with the licence at the start of the year.

8. REAR WHEEL GUARDS
A heavy duty spring, or steel bar (or a combination of both), must be fitted to both rear wheels from the
inside of the side irons to the rear bumper, and must cover the top of the wheel rim so as to trap the wheel
if it were to tear off. The wheel guards can be fitted at both ends with a minimum of 38mm x 13mm high
tensile bolts. The rear end of the wheel guard must be bolted or pinned directly to the bumper.
The spring must not be heated to bend (cold-bending only if necessary) cars using box tube may have to be welded - the
scrutineers decision is final.
The front of the guard can either be bolted or if some form of slider is used a minimum of 38 X 13mm high. Tensile bolt must
be fitted to stop it pulling through the slider. Where a guard is attached to the side-rail it
must be inside the side rail so that it can not be removed by other cars or the safety barrier.
The security of the spring/bar is the driver’s responsibility, and in the event of any breakage to the bar or its
fittings during racing, the driver will be excluded.
The spring must not be heated to bend (cold bending
only, if necessary), welding is not permitted.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Both of the cars that were given places in heat 2 after being parked in 3/4 , did cross the start finish line after the checkered flag and before the red flag was displayed. Hopefully there will be a video posted on youtube soon to confirm this.

I understand your frustrations Pete,It does appear that 1 of your laps has been missed from the lap scoring, I thought you were racing Dan Moss to the line in heat 2, Dan was moved up to 3rd.

By the way that hire car of yours looked like it is going to really give its users a great experience.  All credit to you for getting that car up and running. Do you have any bookings for it yet.?

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete Tue May 19, 2015 8:53 am

Why has 86 not got points for race 2 also did we get any money's last meeting as I missed out

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 am

Yes Robert you did cross the line 1 rolling and 13 racing I Watch the DVDs pasted you twice when you were on the bend 1 St on outside 2 on inside but phwell that's racing you will need them points coz I'm coming for that roof you got

pikey pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 5:58 pm

pikey pete wrote:Why has 86 not got points for race 2 also did we get any money's last meeting  as I missed out

I must apologize to Both Alec Savage and Peter Faggerter  for the slight over.sight.

I hope this is right now Very Happy

10 MAY NEXT MEETING  - Page 2 Points22

And the rookies championship is also effected by this oversight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2